Monday, April 12, 2010

This Vegan Life

Here goes nothin'! I'm starting this blog because of the high-demand out there for vegan* bloggers. I mean come on, everyone wants to hear what vegans have to say, right? Wrong! For the record I'm not a self-righteous, force-my-opinions-on-you-meat-and-dairy-eaters kind of vegan. I'm the one who wants to do something that makes me feel better physically and mentally...you guys can do what you want with your bodies, that's why they're yours. So if you're happy with meat rotting in your colons, who am I to judge? KIDDING!

I live in Texas and am married to my very best friend, who happens to be an up-and-coming Americana/Roots Musician and a vegan as well. He will try to tell you I forced this vegan way of life on him, but don't let him, he's a big fat (err, skinny) liar. Traveling as a vegan is always a challenge, but is especially so in a music genre full of venues made up of bar-b-que and hamburger type joints, dance halls, folk festivals and the like. Did I mention we're in Texas too? That bumps that challenge up about 22 zillion times. But, if there's one thing I've discovered, it's that a hungry vegan will find food anywhere. Contrary to popular belief, vegans love to eat, or at least these two do. Unfortunately, there are not nearly enough resources out there for the traveling vegan. I hope to give you vegetarians and vegans some useful tips, and all the while provide the meat-heads out there a good laugh at my expense. Enjoy.


*For those of you who don't know, a vegan is a strict vegetarian. That means we don't eat any meat (yes, that includes fish and chicken, they are meat too, weird), or anything that comes from an animal/ insect, i.e. milk, eggs, cheese, honey. Not as hard as it sounds, trust me. And, for the record I'm not starving, but thank you for the concern.


3 comments:

  1. Woop woop! Very excited to read your bloggy blogs, Biscuit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woohoo am looking forward to the tips. have stop eating beef/pork over a year ago. Am on the way to veganism. If that is a word. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mr. Chicken has been requesting ToFurkey ever since we got back. Now I have 2 packets of it in the fridge. I think he told me he liked it better than deli meat....well duh.

    ReplyDelete